Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Field of Flowers


My dear friend, Iris Wescott, knit a scarf for me using just a one ounce skein of my lace weight Harmony Homestead Pygora yarn...Iris, is very talented, kind and generous in all she creates!

The details are wonderful to examine.


And the yarn is so soft... here you can see the halo from the pygora.




The pattern is from Ravelry,
called Field of Flowers.... here you can see the pattern more clearly.



I am very happy with the finished product.

It is of heirloom distinction.


Thank you Iris!


1 comment:

Iris said...

You're very welcome.

It was a such a pleasure knitting up this beautiful skein of your pygora - it is so weightless and feels so delicate, yet it's strong enough to put up with tinking and reknitting when necessary.

I actually like pygora better than the qiviut I've spun and knit in the past, for all it's reputation and fancy price tag. Pygora feels just as warm and lightweight as qiviut and blooms as nicely, but in my opinion pygora has more sheen, more body. It's the most luxurious fiber I've ever worked with.

And I love the piano shot! ~ Iris