Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last kid of the year


She finally arrived. I was expecting twins, maybe triplets, but a single.. no way! Heidi was as big as a double wide trailer.

 Heidi was just starting to labor when I got home from work Monday evening.  She was clearly having a hard time. After an hour of no progress, it was time to help her. As we in the kidding business say, "it was time to go in... "
So with a gloved hand, I helped pull her out.  She sputtered and cried, and Heidi and I  dried her off. I waited with Heidi for the next delivery, but she started to eat her dinner, and seemed to be finished with her business!  So, after caring for the umbilical cord, giving Heidi a bucket of warm water and molasses, some hay and grain,and tucking the remainder of the kids in,  I left for my much needed shower. 

Another kidding year is over, and we can breath a sigh of relief!  
We have four doelings and one buckling and all are well. 
New life is breathed into Harmony Homestead as only God can do! 



No comments: