Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Breeze



"Summer Breeze.... makes me feel fine....
 July is dressed up and playing her tune." 

Seals and Crofts 



Two of our buckling kids left the farm yesterday.  Their mom has been calling for them, and this is a bittersweet reality of goat breeding. They are going to a good home, and not far away, but leaving our Homestead. As I was feeling a little sad about missing them, (they are so sweet, playful and  cute !! ) a butterfly landed on a flower I was gazing upon.  

It turned and seemed to look right at me, as if to communicate and share the here and now with me.  
"OK, now, have  trust in God, and focus on the small moments of peace and beauty, and move on. " 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful site Elaine, I am so happy to be able to actually read and view what you do and so delightfully put in writing. What a pleasure to read.Good job! Thank you for the pleasure.
Take care and keep on posting.
Hugs, Sandee Littlefield in annapolis, MD

Eileen said...

I definitely need these little reminders to live in the now - I'm more the sort of person who 'lives in (my) head', which is not as good a deal as one might think!

Really lovely blog, great photos - you've made a great start on blogging, and I'm looking forward to reading more posts in the future!