Friday, June 20, 2008

Hello from Harmony Homestead



This is my first attempt at blogging , so please be patient with me.

 I have been very busy getting my Etsy site up and running, and made a sale immediately! I am soo happy about that:)
I will be adding more as time goes on, to my Etsy site, ( see logo above )  and to this blog. My fellow spinners got me going on this blog thing, and inspired me to get on the blog wagon. 


Today, our goat

vet made a farm call to disbud our latest addition to the goat herd. It involves lidocaine, and a very  hot iron. The results are that a goat will not grow horns. Why?   It will be  safer to be around children, will not get their horns caught in a fence,  etc.  The kids recover from the much ordeal faster than I do.  Many breeders do this themselves, but I am still too queasy to do it.  

I have some farm chores to do now, but I will be back later:)






4 comments:

cindy said...

Hi Elaine...........welcome to the blogsphere!!! Create a link to your Etsy store on the right side of your blog so folks can see your wares.

Carol said...

Hi Elaine,
Great start. You are on your way.

calicokitty6 said...

Hi Elaine,

Welcome to blogging. Now you're started, you will love doing it.

Unknown said...

well done! I like your site and your blog. The angora fiber was dynamite!!
I will be in touch!
- Marsha